Montana Slalom Scene

GlockGlock Posts: 192 Baller
Are there any slalom courses in or close to Missoula? I know of a Rosewater in Kalispell and Echo Lake has a course, a lake development in Helena, and Otter tail lake in Bozeman. Those are all a bit far, so I am hoping someone knows something that I don't.

Comments

• skinutskinut Posts: 451 Solid Baller
    There is a private lake in the area. I think it is really tough to to get on. Send a PM to @jedgell he use to ski in Missoula.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,880 Mega Baller
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 347 Solid Baller
    Is Rosewater up and running? Last I looked they were still developing, (which was a while ago)
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,467 Crazy Baller
    Dragonfly Lake is in St. Ignatius and is the closest skiing to Missoula, but I don't know how to get on there. @jedgell is the fella' you want to talk to.

Otter Tail Lake has closed its club, so we are all scrambling to find a new ski site & boat.
  • GlockGlock Posts: 192 Baller
    What happened at Otter Tail? That was a great site and a great group of people. Sorry to hear that.
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 391 Solid Baller
    Well sh!t, nothing like finding out your club has been closed down while reading BOS. Guess we'll start looking for another site tomorrow! Closed down for liability concerns, so we're being told. That really sucks, I just moved to Bozeman and one reason was that club.

@Glock the only ski site is by St Ignatius, I skied there for 7 years. Sadly the lake owner passed away a few years ago and from what I understand no one other than family is using it. Around Missoula it's just public water now, Salmon or Seeley Lakes.
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
  • dougskidougski Posts: 17 Baller
    Hey fella I need some one to manicure my island if your not afraid I got pretty nice site about 80miles from bozo we could trade out ski rides or bring ipa that works to but I would rather you do my island .I understand the liability issue at ottertail.but I also no it would suck to have a lake and nobody to ski with.that would slowy drive cookoo were in the guide call if you want
  • jlittlejlittle Posts: 264 Baller
    "manicure my island" Don't you have a razor for that? I'd be afraid. Very afraid.
    RichardDoanejipster43
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 391 Solid Baller
    You'll have to babysit while I'm mowing the island. I'm not manicuring anything...
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
    jlittle
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,910 Mega Baller
    I remember a nice ski lake pix in Waterski Mag with the mountains in the background.
    Think it was called ''KickAxe ''lake ownwd by Jim Axe...ICBW.
    My ski finish in 16.95 ...but my ass is out of tolerance!
    Boy that sure is a beautiful lake. @jedgell , @jipster43 , @dougski , I sent you all pm's. Thanks for the info.
    Well son wouldnt ask you to do anything I havent done 100 times I suppose cleaning the outhouse is out of the question ? It sucks but somebody has to do it. Life as a lake owner isnt very glamorous.its alot of work Ski club members got it made.im done venting see ya in spring
    @dougski, @jedgell, @jipster43, did any of you guys get my private messages?

@dougski, where is your site located?
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,079 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @dougski is located on the edge of Helena near the airport. Great skiing, great people! Tournaments are fun and beer is always flowing
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,996 Mega Baller
    edited January 2016
    Moose Country Ski Ranch!! Yes!! Moose Country has been high and dry for over 10 years now. Recent photos show the lake has receded nearly 1/4 mile from where the slalom course is.
    The jump was sold many years ago into Washington state.
    Freddy continues to live part time on the property and the old Malibu is still in the boat house.
    Lack of snow pack and drought have left the lake nearly empty.
    Maybe this winters el Nino will fill it back up again. We can only hope!!

@dougski
    Hope to make back up this season, Helena is a great place to ski and the folks There have southern style hospitality! Cleaning the John (G) no big deal!!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,079 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Seems like a lot of people remember that tournament
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,467 Crazy Baller
    edited January 2016
    I've manicured @dougski 's island. It's not so bad after a few beers. He keeps it pretty well trimmed.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,877 Mega Baller
    edited January 2016
    Back in the 90's the Marin and Berkeley clubs had a few trips to Moose Country. Always heard good things.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,843 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    I would love to come take a few sets and drink some IPA while I watch the islands being manicured .
    Shut up and ski
    I remember my first tourney at the moose freddy must a had at least 50 bouys in that cove everbody was lost except the locals freddy was good jump coach tate ended up with the jump. those were the days young dumb and full of c##
    Jody_Seal
  • jriester33jriester33 Posts: 31 Baller
    Bumping this one to see how things are looking in western Montana/Idaho/eastern Washington. New to the area and looking to make some turns before the season wraps up. Any info is greatly appreciated, thank you! (If any folks at No Wake in Helena on here, I skied with y'all once a couple summers ago with a local family and really enjoyed it, would love to join ya again sometime. I'll make those islands look almost as good as @MS would...) B)
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,608 Mega Baller
    @jriester33 is a good course skier and a heck of a driver. Somebody help him out!!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • dbaconazdbaconaz Posts: 190 Baller
    Going to be in Bonner, MT next week! Any drop in sites?
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,162 Crazy Baller
    edited August 2
    I’m at RW I reached out to Jeff

help him stretch his arms out :)

thager