Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Radar is making a nice glove

lkblkb Posts: 579 Baller
edited July 2010 in News & Other Stuff
I got some new Radar gloves. I think they are called Boas or maybe they are called Stradas. Anyway they have the zigzag cables on the back with the wheel you turn to tighten them up. They are the best gloves I have ever used. All the other gloves I have used had the velcro strap closure on the back of the hand which never worked good for me.

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,465 Mega Baller
    <p>
    Is there an online link?  I'm in the market for a new brand of gloves since my beloved Talons are gone and I didn't find the 4wake Talons to be equivalent.  Currently using an old set of Connelly Claws, actually!
    </p>
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • lkblkb Posts: 579 Baller
    I'm sure they are online somewhere. I got mine from the good folks at h2osmosis. Check radar.com to see them then call Tadd.
    edited July 2010
    <p>
    This reminds me:  What's the difference between Amarid and kevlar?  Supposedly the "new" Talons have an Amarid palm, but the grip doesn't seem anywhere near as good the old "kevlar" Talons.
    </p>
    <p>
    Both the Radar Strada (<a href="http://www.radarskis.com/strada_glove.html">http://www.radarskis.com/strada_glove.html</a>) and the Masterline K-Palm (which I borrowed for one set and seemed like a solid grip) also claim to have Amarid palm.
    </p>
    <p>
    So are there types of Amarid or something??
    </p>
    Is anybody else a little sketched out by having what is basically piano wire on the back of their hands?  I can't figure out exactly how I would injure myself with that, but it seems like I'd find a way...
  • HO 410HO 410 Posts: 351 Baller
    <p>
    I've seen those Boa gloves and they are pretty slick. I just can't stomach $80, even if they do last for a year or more.
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    Boa lacing has been around for a few years. You'll mostly find it used on snowboard boots and wakeboard bindings. It seems to be a pretty solid system. The snowboarder I know loves the technology and has never had a problem, and I've never seen a boarder limping home cursing a broken cable on his or her boots.
    </p>
    Nikon D80, 50mm f 1.8, Tokina 12-24mm... Sorry, wrong forum. Josh T.
  • clemsondaveclemsondave Posts: 369 Baller
    I could be off base, but I seem to recall the manufacturers had to stop using the name Kevlar for trademark infringement.

I've been searching for new gloves as well. Been using the Goode gloves, but they don't have my size in stock and don't plan on making any more this year. :-/
    Dave Satterfield - Richmond Water Ski Club
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,052
    I have the Radar BOA gloves. They are badass. Been using them all year.  You can dial in the fit and feel of the glove using the BOA adjuster wheel.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

How does the size compare to others? I use small goode and stretch the hell out of them
  • greghayesgreghayes Posts: 113 Baller
    I love these gloves too and they are true to size - I am a L.  They are tight when dry and perfect when wet - no stretching that I have noticed.  Maybe the dial helps with that.   I give these gloves two thumbs up. 
  • lkblkb Posts: 579 Baller
    I think they run just a bit smaller than ML's or HO's
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,285 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Radar locks
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,150 Mega Baller
    if Radar would add the BOA knob/cable deal to the Lock gloves, that would make them even better
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • D WoltersD Wolters Posts: 139 Baller
    edited July 2010
    <p>
    I've been using them for two years and because of the warranty two pair have only cost me $80. Excellent fix, best thing I like is in between passes no adjustment needed
    </p>
    <p>
    Next pair will be Boa's
    </p>
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,578 Mega Baller
    Kevlar is DuPont's trade name for aramid fiber. Seems like it should expire (the trade name) at 30 years(?), I think it was way back in '71.
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    I just got my pair. I'm impressed (other than the price). Too bad Goode ran out of production on theirs. I think I like these Strata gloves better.