Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mikro-Just Installation on Syndicate Boot

HortonHorton Posts: 27,872 Administrator
edited May 2017 in Skis Fins Bindings

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

The_MScruznski

Comments

• jetpilotg4jetpilotg4 Posts: 290 Baller
    @Horton anyone putting mikro-just on Wileys?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,872 Administrator
    @jetpilotg4 I do not know why not.

My question would be more.... do the modern Wileys mount far enough back? Last time I used a Wiley front on a slalom ski I had to drill the heck out of the plate to get it back far enough.

gmut
  • gmutgmut Posts: 214 Baller
    @Horton @jetpilotg4 I have had the same problem with my Wiley's but I still love the bindings I have a size 14 narrow foot.
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    What kind of wheel are you using @Horton ?? I tried with a grinding stone and it didn't do squat to a radar plate.
  • Lieutenant DanLieutenant Dan Posts: 200 Baller
    edited May 2017
    Don't know what @Horton uses but I've used one of these to good effect on much thicker metal https://goo.gl/OiOE2B
    wtrskior
  • SpeshSpesh Posts: 93 Baller
    Maybe slightly off topic and apologies if so. But how much softer is the plastic on the syndicate harsdshell as opposed to the Reflex. I've been on a Reflex setup for the last few seasons and while I love it, I have to use a heat gun on the lower section of the boot to re mould it so that is fits my enlarged ankle bone.

My current boot needs replacing, so I thought the Syndicate hardshell could be worth a try as I've seen that the plastic is somewhat softer. However i would like to hear opinions from people that have used both...

thanks
    dvskier
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 329 Solid Baller
    @Spesh maybe you can go to this thread tha I've started bcause I am intersted too
    reflex-vs-ho-hardshell
    @wtrskior I use the these but honestly hate them for cutting anything but composite.

@Spesh I am not really sure how to quantify boot flex but the Syndicate is softer than my Reflex shells. For me I think the Syndicate boot is better in two ways.

1) the softer lower boot conforms to my foot better. Especially down at my toes the buckles are able to wrap the shell around my foot more evenly.

2) because the cuff and the lower are a soft flex they to flex together. When I roll my ankle over the whole shell flexes as a unit. The lower on the Reflex is clearly stiffer.

Does all this mean more balls? IDK. I ski good in the Reflex also.

• Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,619 Crazy Baller
    @wtrskior the dremel 426 wheel is much stronger than the 409.

If I have a tough job for a dremel but the job is to small for a bigger tool, I put two disk on at the same time.
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
    wtrskior
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,822 Mega Baller
    edited June 2017
    I just mounted my Mikro-Just on a Sequence plate. It is as easy as it appears in the video. Dremel the holes into a slot (double 409's is what I used). I took a flat rasp and cleaned up the edges of the slot. Mikro-Just supplied drill bits worked great. The counter-sink needs to go a little deeper than expected. I just took my time and test fitted as I went along until satisfied. Screw on and mount up! I just moved my binding forward the equivalent of a 1/4 hole. Liked the results. May keep moving up until tip grab is an issue, but like it for now. Great tool! Great product! It took less than 30 mins total from bindings mounted to back on the ski.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    The_MSALPJr
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 528 Crazy Baller
    Can the Micro-Just be installed on a Reflex Carbon plate? I have serious concerns with cutting out the holes on the carbon plate and then trying to drill a recess to allow for the screw to be mounted underneath without messing it up.
  • skialexskialex Posts: 909 Crazy Baller
    @keithh2oskier yes it as easy as installing it on an aluminum one if not easer, actually I have installed 2 on g10 one on reflex carbon and one on an aluminum plate, same thing. Countersunk and drill bits are great quality tools making installation easy.
    Only issue is that in Europe is difficult to find the right size Allen and I had to change the screws with Phillips ones. Or you can use the Dremel to slotted the head of the screw.
    @keithh2oskier the sample video is in fact The Reflex carbon plate

• mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    be a little careful with grinding or cutting graphite plate. in the circles i work in graphite dust is being called ' the new asbestos '.
    mopowpow
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 528 Crazy Baller
    @Horton you said thats the G10 plate in the video. Thats not the same as the carbon plate right?
    @mwetskier in that case I am totally screwed from my years doing CarbonFins

skialex
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    edited June 2017
    @Horton -your probably only screwed if your also a heavy smoker and worked in a coal mine for 20 years but every time i buy any graphite related raw material it includes a bunch of safety warnings and disclaimers so i thought i would pass that on.