Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting better

Hey everyone, I just joined the forum. I've been on a slalom ski for a while now but just on the open water around the lake. This year I'll have a lot more time to practice and would like to hit a course if I can find one. Any tips? Last October I got a Mastercraft Proster 205 specifically to get some better skiing in since I'd only been behind I/O and outboards. I also just purchased a new 67" HO OMNI Carbon with double XMAX boots since my old one was too short (a little heavier than I was in high school) so I should be set up boat and ski wise.
Tagged:

Comments

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,785 Mega Baller
    Tip #1: mention where you live so we can help get you connected.

Tip #2: see if your state has their own water ski association to help provide information on local sites.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • Roland717Roland717 Posts: 2 Baller
    Sorry. I live in eastern Nebraska so I’ve still got a couple months before the season starts. I’ve been looking for one around here but haven’t had much luck.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,698 Mega Baller
    Hop a flight to Orlando and get some quality coaching at any of our many great ski schools. My preference is LaPoint Ski Park. Although technically we are a club, not a ski school, we are proud to offer coaching with world champions Kris and Jen LaPoint, and a soon to be announced huge addition to our coaching options.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,447 Mega Baller
    I don’t know the people, but there is a really pretty lake just southwest of Omaha in Ashland NE, south of Yutan. I’ve stopped by on my way to the airport just to see the place. Championship Lake Estates is what it calls itself on Google Earth. Another one north of Syracuse NE called Shortline Lake, but I have never seen it. I don’t know what your access to public water is.
    As far as skiing the course goes, slow the boat down until you can run it. There’s no substitute for running your first full pass to get you hooked! That, and turning balls gets you understanding the width required for free ski practice to be meaningful in the course.
    Happy to have you out with us on a skinny ski!
    ToddAMISkier