Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

USAWS Membership options infographic questions

escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 729 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
Hi Folks,
I'm officially joining the Utah Waterski club after 10 years on the wait list. :smiley:

They require me to be a member of USAWS. So I'm looking at the infographic that USAWS has and I'm comparing the "supporting member" option with the "grassroots active" option and it seems like for the same price, the grass roots offers me everything that the supporting membership offers but it also offers the ability to participate in grassroots events as well as a regional tournament guide. So is it a no-brainer that I should get the grassroots option instead of the supporting option as it has everything the supporting option has and then some for the same price? Or is there some detail here that I am missing?

http://www.usawaterski.org/graphics/downloads/MembershipOptions.pdf
scotchipman

Comments

• LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,351 Crazy Baller
    Why not go for full membership and the ability to ski all levels of tournaments? Small amount of additional dollars when compared to all the other expenses of water skiing.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    LZywicki1scotchipman
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,652 Mega Baller
    Join as a regular member. You don’t learn the secret handshake with the lower memberships. ;-)
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Bill22scotchipmanjayski
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,662 Mega Baller
    Grassroots worked for several years for me. At the time I wasn't ready to ski C class or higher. Good news, I got a little better and needed the full membership.
    escmanaze
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 784 Solid Baller
    @lpskier Was that what that was all about? I thought you guys just shook hands funny. Kind of like the ministry of silly walks.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,652 Mega Baller
    @colo_skier Pay your dues, enter a tournament and Bob’s your uncle!
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,349 Mega Baller
    The whole membership structure will change in April/May anyway so don't get too wrapped up about it. If you're going to ski as a member of the Utah Waterski Club you'll need the insurance anyway so you'll need to be an active member. Your membership will be transitioned into the new structure automatically.

Next year you can contemplate some other membership options once you understand the new plan and decide how you want to use your Utah Waterski membership. Either way, the difference is pretty minimal in comparison to the rest of the cost to participate so cover your bases today and learn more. Things get more complicated (and expensive) if you have a family where everyone does something a little different.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 729 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Sounds good @klindy

It sounds like I will probably just go grassroots active and call it a day.

Thanks guys.
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,349 Mega Baller
    Just understand that would only allow you to attend a Grassroots tournament and/or official practice. The full active membership allows you to do anything and participate in any event.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    scotchipman