Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have a 68” Mapple T3 they’d sell?

aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,289 Mega Baller
I let my buddy free ski mine on the river last night and came across a 35 foot piling partially submerged.
I love this ski and am really super bummed. From what I’m hearing, I can’t even order a new one. This is the first ski in 10, that I’ve wanted to stick with.

Comments

• Pat MPat M Posts: 681 Crazy Baller
    Is that a gouge or a break? You may be able to send it back to Square One to repair. Worth checking into
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,591 Mega Baller
    Yet another reason I never let anyone ride my ski!! Not that anyone would want to....
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Killer
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,289 Mega Baller
    It’s a break. There’s no fixing this one. I would choose a ski that can’t be replaced. Had I known that, @thager I wouldn’t have. I did back the boat trailer over his old Nomad RCX once
    JonB
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 681 Crazy Baller
    I feel your pain. I'm on a Mapple 6.0 that I just won't let go of
    RazorRoss3aupatking
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,804 Mega Baller
    Have you tried to order one?
    I was just told they have some. My Square One dealer didn’t think they had any. Brooks just told me they do. Problem solved. Not for skiing today, but I’ll take what it B)
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,571 Mega Baller
    I’m checking to see if we have one.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,148 Mega Baller
    A friend has a 6.2 68" he will sell.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,153 Mega Baller
    @A_B What a 6.2?
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,148 Mega Baller
    I think it was before the T3. Not that familiar with the successive skis. I thought they first had a 6.0, then 6.1, then 6.2. In any event, I sent my friend an email when I saw this thread and he said it was a 6.2. If interested, I can give you his email.
    It isn't listed for sale any where. He has it as a backup ski.

I think it is a little wider than the first 2 skis, but not 100% sure.
    aupatking
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,804 Mega Baller
    @A_B the T3 was a different ski with the torque slot l. The mapple 6 point series was prior to it.
    Yeah, the 6 series were great skis. As far as I knew, there was the 6.0 and the wider 6.1. Those basically became the T1& T2. I don’t remember the 6.2. The T3 is a great ski, but very different from everything else I’ve ridden.
    I’m waiting on the contractor to call me back. He, of course, says that piling wasn’t his. Some people just suck
    Brooks and Bill Porter have been extremely helpful to me
  • BMG73BMG73 Posts: 24 Baller
    Are Mapple skis still being produced?
    So, here’s the story.
    I talked with the homeowner, and he said, yes that piling was definitely the contractors. He’s the only one doing any work on the river. I call the contractor, several times. I go take pictures of the piling, and the others on his barge (all with the exact same tags).

I have one of his other clients, a skier who has given him a ton of work call him and give me his mobile number.

l finaly get to talk with him and he says “it’s not my piling”, it could have been hung up in the river somewhere. He also says he heard someone was taking pictures of it. “I was”, I said. He says, “well I don’t want people saying anything bad about me so I’ll pay half, but it’s still not my piling”. He then proceeds to tell me that a neighbor had called him before the incident and told him a piling was loose under the next door neighbors dock. I don’t know why he told me that, being that now it becomes criminal negligence that he didn’t even send a guy to look. He said he was going to call that guy back and get more info and call me about it Thursday evening (being the following day). So I get no call Thursday, and I try to call him Friday afternoon and get no response (big surprise).
    Well, we go free ski the Sunday following and I see that they have ripped all the tags off the piling that we hit. All but the blue paper one. Notice how much it has faded in one week. So let’s say his “that’s an old piling” defense is shot.The bigger issue, why are you pulling all the identifying marks off of it if it’s not yours?

So I call him Monday, and he has blocked my number. My fiancé calls him immediately after and he answers, so we talk. He says, “ok I’ll pay for it, but it’s still not my piling. Bring me the new ski and the old one and the receipt and I’ll pay for it”. So we’ll see what happens when it comes in.
    Oh yeah, I live in Alabama, here’s my tracking info

The guys at performance told me they were going to get that handled with FedEx, and I totally believe them. They’ve been great, as always, but my faith in FedEx? So, if you in Cold Spring Harbor NY unexpectedly find a new ski on your doorstep, please send it my way.

• dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,089 Mega Baller
    edited September 2018
    Just looking on SIA... Corey Vaughn has a 67" and 68" for sale in case you never see the one sent to NY. They're both in the same ad.
    http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=43350

It might have run 41, so well trained!
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    Thanks @dchristman the 68 is sold. Corey has been super helpful. Actually, all of the guys at Radar/Square One have absolutely gone out of their way to be helpful. I can’t say enough good things about them.
    Bill22jipster43