Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lot w/ ski membership in N Illinois

bojansbojans Posts: 258 Solid Baller
~1.2 acre lot with ski membership on private 35 acre lake with course and jump located in Norther Illinois (near McHenry). Lake is ~35 acres and 60 feet deep with crystal clear water. Total of 10 ski memberships, 1.3 mile walking path around the lake, ample common property for recreation activities.
$275k

bf`foxriveratscotchipman

Comments

• dave2balldave2ball Posts: 605 Crazy Baller
    Is that just they buy in? What is the monthly and or yearly dues? I can buy a home in central fla with multi courses on the lake cheaper. Seems pricey to me.
  • bojansbojans Posts: 258 Solid Baller
    @dave2ball
    The pricing is inline with recent sales.
    That price is the lot and membership. Currently HOA dues are $250 a quarter and ski club dues are $200 a year. BYOB (bring your own boat)
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 605 Crazy Baller
    edited March 5
    Good luck.

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,464 Mega Baller
    Pricey!?? That proves the old adage I guess. Location, location, location.

You can't buy a shack on a lake for $275k anywhere near to me.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 941 Mega Baller
    It's under contract right now.
  • aspskiaspski Posts: 183 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Than_Bogan Ditto, you need atleast a Mill to get a property on a lake around here, no home/shack/cottage included
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,128 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited March 6
    Between Bloomington and Indianapolis my nephew just missed out on a big, wooded lot on a small seldom used lake for a listed price of $49K. Had septic and city hook ups for electrical and water. Sold in under a week. Granted it was rural between the cities...that was dirt cheap.

The McHenry area in question is pricey. Buddy lives in Tower Lakes and skis at Lauries Quarry very near there. I think it's the same lake but there was a home there not too long ago I wanna say $875K or so.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,781 Mega Baller
    Funny how McHenry is getting there "near mchenry" however is kind of arbitrary. Milwaukee is "near McHenry" so is Rockford.
  • tjmtjm Posts: 329 Baller
    It’s a very nice lake and a very nice community. If someone is looking for a great ski lake it is the best in the area.
  • HockdogHockdog Posts: 183 Baller
    It was a balmy 9 degrees there last night.....