Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Radar Ski Selection and Sizing

BeeBee Posts: 5 New Baller
I am thinking of upgrading to a 2019 Radar - I am female, 5'6" 127llbs - should I be thinking of a 65" or a 66"? I am at 30 progressing to 32 and want to leave room for 34 should I choose - I have had a try of a 67" Pro Build Vapor and loved it ... my current ski is a 66" Thank you!

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,884 Administrator
    at your weight the 67 is clearly too big for 34 mph.

66 is the safe choice but long term 65 is the right ski if you will be shortening the rope.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Bee
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,884 Administrator
    @brooks agree?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• ShellShell Posts: 215 Crazy Baller
    @bee I moved to a 65 Radar Vapor Pro Build and have been skiing my Personal best this year. I love the ski. I'm 5'5, 115lbs. I moved from the Radar Lyric. Good choice:)
    BeeBill22DaveD
  • BeeBee Posts: 5 New Baller
    Thank you so much, guess it’s a 65 then - do you think I’ll still be ok at the slower speeds of 28, 30 on a 65? Thank you again 😎
  • ShellShell Posts: 215 Crazy Baller
    @bee you will be fine at those speeds, I ski starting my warm ups @ 24.9, 26.7, 28.6, 30.4, and 32.3, 34.2. The ski Is fast and glides a lot on the pull out, I've had to adjust for the gates. Good Luck!
    Bee
    Thank you so much Shell that is really helpful - I’ll let you know how I get on! Happy skiing!
    Shell
  • brooksbrooks Posts: 196 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I would agree, go 65, you'll be happy there once you progress and it will be enough ski at the slower speeds as you advance.
    ZmanBee
    Thank you, really appreciate the help 👍
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 684 Crazy Baller
    My wife is the same size as you and was on a 65 2016 Vapor Last year @brooks put her on a 66 Vapor for skiing 26-32. She skied more smoothly after that. Not all of that was the size, but it played a big part. She loved the the old and loves the new, so I am sure you will do well with either, but it might be worth a call to the crew at Radar.
    Thank you I’ll do that 👍