Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Goode? Carbon fiber core?

JordanJordan Posts: 1,170 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
I got an email about the new Goode. Anyone know anything about it?

Comments

• wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 216 Baller
    Performance vs. Concierge?
    Matt
  • bhsbhs Posts: 278 Baller
    Concierge=$2890
    ballsohard
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,226 Mega Baller
    2890$ ?
    Must need a jet engine rebuilt...
    skialexballsohardDitchskier
  • gjohnsongjohnson Posts: 309 Solid Baller
    The cheaper version is only $2490
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
    The_MSBill22
  • NandoNando Posts: 523 Crazy Baller
    “Concierge”- love it. At that price Dave should analyze a video of your skiing and customize the flex based on that.
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 512 Crazy Baller
    Mary at Goode told me demo program is not available on either model.
    No demo program? Wow
    WaterSkier12
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,253 Mega Baller
    Best ski ever. Quicker off the ball then previous models and the sweet spot had been expanded by perfect rocker position
    Shut up and ski
    ballsohardskialexlakeaustinskierDirt
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,226 Mega Baller
    #Gamechanger...
  • ballsohardballsohard Posts: 254 Baller
    Is @MS gonna give the new Goode a go?
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,039
    I guess I will finally have to find something else and sacrifice a few buoys.
    Bob Grizzi
    WaterSkier12
  • UCFskierUCFskier Posts: 37 Baller
    I have just heard of so many of these breaking and ppl getting hurt.... would like to try one but naw.... have to pass
    jimskiAPBnate93WaterSkier12
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 351 Solid Baller
    For years I resisted buying a Goode out of sheer principle. Too much money, to fragile whatever. All I know is I've dock started a lot of 38 + skiers (twice at nationals) and Goode is extremely well represented. I have an 6 year old XT that I've been trying to replace forever and so far nothing has stuck. Well........I did get that email from Denali last week asking for a final payment :)
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    aupatking
    I have skied on a Goode since the 9400. Never had one break and I have always had good customer service. But I can't bring myself to pay $2890 or even $2400.
  • packskipackski Posts: 50 Baller
    I wouldn't spend that unless I ran at least two whole passes better. But that's just my two cents/sense/dollars.
    CBR51MISkierBill22
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 740 Crazy Baller
    Years ago Chet skied a Warp that cost 3k when everyone else was at 1k or less
    ballsohard
  • wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 216 Baller
    Does anyone actually know why all of the current XTRs, Revolution, and now this Revocc use the fin blocks that have the cutoff forward edge? Is Goode just using up excess inventory from Rev 6 production when the forward edge of the fin block was cut to accommodate the “spine” on the tail of the ski?
    Matt
    ski6jones
  • GolsonGolson Posts: 16 Baller
    I’ve heard it’s hollow like the Warp. Stringers that run north-south. Filled in with the magic GOODE gel core...and it’ll sell out just like the 2019 Ski Nautique did.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,253 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I paid a grand or more for my 9100 back in the 90's. I guess this ski is just keeping up with inflation. However the competition now IMHO is way better than it was back then, making it much harder to shell out the cash (for me).
    Scott Calderwood
    Than_Boganballsohard
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,653
    Dairy farmers also support their cows while they milk them. Of course Goode suupports the sport but lets not get confused about the why, its good business. We want better equipment and that comes at a price, plenty of people will pay and not think twice.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

WishJordanballsohardski6jonesBulldog
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,874 Mega Baller
    Wow! Sure sounds like a step forward. Will be interesting to follow the outcomes.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,253 Mega Baller
    I would definitely pull an @Dirt and try one but would never drop that kind of cash. If I tested one and light it up on it then who knows.
    Shut up and ski
    Dirtaupatking