Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2020 Radar Senate Pro

ROBOTROBOT Posts: 142 Administrator
edited August 5 in News & Other Stuff

OldManRini

Today we release the 2020 Senate Pro. Updated to match the shape design of our latest Vapor with additional width to provide balance and support. Now available in 65”, 67” and 69” versions.

https://radarskis.com/products/2020-senate-pro

There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive, the Alliance is threatened.
ballsohardDacon62bogboy

Comments

• KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 302 Crazy Baller
    Wow, we usually have to wait a year before the current Vapor shape is available in the Senate line. Cool! So many new skis!
  • C5QuestC5Quest Posts: 293 Baller
    Not a fan of the lime green. But maybe the mad scientists at Radar discover green is faster. 🤔
  • SkirvindSkirvind Posts: 41 Baller

Coming off a 2019 Senate Pro, the ride felt, familiar but with a new level of refinement, smooth turns, soiled feel and great acceleration. I setup the ski using the same settings as my 19 on my first set ran right up to my normal average, which is going up now :).

Overall it's well worth taking a demo ride just remember to bring your wallet.

Fantastic Ski, Great Job Radar this one is going to be hard to top!
    ballsohardChris RossibogboyDacon62
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,194 Mega Baller
    Just the Pro getting the new shape or will all of them? On a 71" 2019 Lithium and really digging it but if folks are finding it easier to stay on the front of the 2020s I may look to make the switch. Currently 248 lbs and cutting weight slowly. Perhaps a 69...
    thager
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    exciting! How am I going to explain going to the next demo days, when I bought a '19' 11 months ago?
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    Thanks Brooks!
  • tjmtjm Posts: 329 Baller
    Second ride was last night. This ski is the real deal, the magic is still there. Right out of box just awesome.
    Chris RossiKRoundy
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,194 Mega Baller
    @tjm what were you on before?
    @UWSkier 2019 lithium Vapor
  • paul413skipaul413ski Posts: 192 Baller
    @brooks 220lbs currently on a 69.5 lithium vapor skiing into 35 at 34 mph any thoughts on size switching to the senate .?
    @brooks @Chris Rossi any thoughts on size 5 ft 11 at 220 lb skiing into 35 off on a 69.5 2018 vapor
  • brooksbrooks Posts: 196 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @paul413ski you could certainly try a 69 Senate. At that level the Vapor still works well too though. What are you looking for your ski to do differently?
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,052
    Oh man. The 2010 Senate C that Sully custom built me with the black carbon weave top is still my favorite ski of all time. Maybe I need to try a new one.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Dacon62bigtex2011
    @brooks more support at the back of the ball - latest Radar magic 👍👍
    brooks
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 697 Crazy Baller
    edited August 19
    Still smiling...haven’t missed a 28 in a week and down to [email protected] now.
    Before this ski 28 was a very rare occurrence.
    Full disclosure this is all at 32.3 mph.
    Since none of us tournament ski and we are all 50-60 it makes it a bit easier on the bodies and crashes are a little softer.
    IGski
    It’s on the plane cannot wait
    Bill22
    Hmmm... 5’7” 170-175 lbs. Thinking I can get away with a 65. @brooks?
    @C5Quest what speed and line lengths predominantly? I normally top it around 165.
    edited August 22
    Starting to run -28 at 34 mph. And improving. I’m on the edge for weight but height puts me shorter ? Trying to drop at least 5 pounds though. I ride a 66 Vapor Pro also
    @c5quest, you may be fine but you will experience a little less “gas pedal” then you’re used to.
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,117
    @C5Quest ... You might want to take note that Nate Smith skis on a lot larger ski than his weight calls for, and he does pretty well.

Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    ballsohard
    Didn’t know that. But isn’t he kind of a tall bean pole build so the longer size suites him?
    brooks
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,117
    edited August 22
    I remember one of the Radar Pro Skiers, when I was between sizes, years a go, told me, "You should ride the biggest ski that you can get to turn."
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    ballsohardCent
    edited August 22
    @C5Quest spent several years on a ski to small took the leap to the bigger size and added a pass to my skiing now skiing into 35 instead of 32 off
  • 76S&S76S&S Posts: 98 Baller
    I just saw a video of TW on IG skiing on a 2020 67" KD Platinum. He didn't appear to have any trouble turning it and it seems like a large ski for him.
    I’ve been on the Senate Pro since August 4. I’m still luvin it. Best thing is it gets better and better with every set. Thanks again Radar!
    Dacon62
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 752 Crazy Baller
    Any experiences going from the 2017 shape (2016 Vapor shape) to the 2020 Senate shape?
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!