Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comparing 2009 Malibu Response LXI 340 HP Monsoon eng to 2010 MasterCraft Prostar TT 5.7 MCX engine

Evaluating these two for slalom skiing. Not a tournament skier (I'm 73) but appreciate a small wake etc. Have had a bunch of MasterCrafts ( best was a '94 ProTour with LT1 engine) several Nautiques but never a Malibu. Appreciate any comments on handling, pull etc.

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,799 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited November 2020
    The Malibu will have the better wake by far at longer line lengths. I'm not a fan of the wake of that era Prostar, used to ski behind a 2011 TT promo owned by a friend of a friend and it had a wake like a curb at 15 off. (I am not a tournament skier, but this was in a course)
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    MISkierALPJr
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,633 Mega Baller
    'Bu will be better longer lines/slower speeds, both are great at 28 off and shorter at 34 and 36 mph. 'Bu has better barefoot wake, MC better trick wake. TT in my opinion has better build quality. Both are nice boats.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • DWDW Posts: 2,312 Mega Baller
    My feedback comparing similar boats - the LXI has a very nice wake and is excellent at shorter line lengths, the 197 has a harder wake for slalom. My sample size is only 1 of each, FWIW. Owners of the MC do have a fond memory of their '92 PS 190 and I also feel it had a flatter slalom wake. Enjoy deciding and have fun.