Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January roll call Who is still skiing?

cougfancougfan Posts: 303 Crazy Baller
@skialex ok here is the thread starter post away! The Wednesday night crew is waiting for the weather to cooperate so we can get our first ski of the new year in. This past week the weather in the PNW has been awful☹️ Super windy, rainy and cold. We can deal with the cold not so much the wind and rain. Hopefully we will get a break soon and can get some skiing in. Maybe even get @Rednucleus out for his first post hernia surgery ski😁 the Wednesday night crew has our “end of the year party” scheduled for next Saturday so maybe we will be able to ski before we eat and drink our evening away😉🤣😂 Will
post an account of our day/night next week
skialexjimski

Comments

• skiepskiep Posts: 343 Crazy Baller
    Got my first set in 2021 Friday.
    Andre
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,191 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

jimskiH2OkieNCFastguy888
  • H2OkieNCH2OkieNC Posts: 7 Baller
    edited January 3
    Did not go New Year's Day, but skied today in NC, water around 50, air may have got to 60. Trying to ski through the winter for the first time to maintain some rhythm til spring.
    Rednucleus
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,754 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited January 3
    Got to go out today in FL with my in-laws wasn't pretty but fun. That'll be it until April/May.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    robmollysilverlakejimski
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,165 Crazy Baller
    Feel bad about posting this, but it’s getting warmer instead of colder here in Greece.
    Sunny calm day, water 57 and air 65. So strange and good at the same time, temp was around 50 in November...
  • cougfancougfan Posts: 303 Crazy Baller
    Ok @skialex that does it. You have just earned a lake Curlew panda from the Wednesday night crew 😁
    skialex
  • CamCam Posts: 355 Crazy Baller
    Should've been having my first set of the year tomorrow but the UK has went into lockdown again :s
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,034 Mega Baller
    Current status here in central Illinois. SOLID We even have freezing fog - at least it looks spectacular. At least 4” of ice on the lake.

jimski
  • gschorrgschorr Posts: 15 Baller
    First set of 2021! Air 41, Water 45. Still got the 4-year old stoked to be in the boat. Dropped a degree of wing angle and ran a few 28's and a 32. Great day on the water!
    ClydesdaleRednucleusjimskicougfan
  • ralral Posts: 1,812 Mega Baller
    edited January 10
    Conditions are pretty good in Southern FL, looks even skiable @ dawn in front of my billionaire Palm Beach neighbors...

Rodrigo Andai
    jimskicougfan
    Don’t want to post pictures again... doesn’t feel right... the past week was hot like never before. Skied more sets in a week than in August. Today water was 61and air in the mid 70s. Same day last year we had snow in Athens.
    Spain suffers the worst snow storm in the past 50 years...
    I’ll ski as much as I can, as we are expecting a 15 degrees drop in Celsius before the end of the week..
    @cougfan you can give me as many pandas as you want! 😊
    RednucleusAdamCordcougfan
    @skialex be careful what you wish for 😉 all your posts about your beautiful weather over there while we suffer with our cold, rainy, windy PNW winter are starting to wear on me 😂🤣😉😁 hopefully things will get better so we can get back our skiing anyway here is your lake Curlew panda from the Wednesday night crew 👍 bu the way you are the first baller to receive 2 lake Curlew pandas enjoy!
    skialexToddA
  • ToddAToddA Posts: 120 Baller
    edited January 11
    @AdamCord absolutely beautiful day out there at Hilltop with you guys. Also, just in case anyone was wondering, @AdamCord into -41 in those 39* water conditions! The rest of us are at least skiing with something covering our head...
    RednucleusAdamCordWish
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,191 Administrator
    3 rides this weekend

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

RednucleusJake_D_French
  • CnewbertCnewbert Posts: 287 Crazy Baller
    Fourth day skiing today since the first of the year. Gorgeous, sunny day and light winds. Water has dropped about 3° to 59°, but hardly a soul on the public lake. That’s one advantage of winter skiing!
  • WishWish Posts: 8,198 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited January 12

>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    thagerSkoot1123Jake_D_FrenchGWaterski

This is my last ride for a while... need to resolve a health issue that troubles me for some years. I’ll be back in a little over 2 months.. and anyway temperatures will drop significantly and finally winter is arriving, we even expect some snowfall.
    So give me as many pandas as you like for the summery photos...
    cougfanRednucleusJake_D_Frenchrobmollysilverlake
    @skialex i’ve really enjoyed your “summer time pics” this past few months and must admit i’m jealous of the nice weather you have been enjoying. Wish we could get some of that up here in the PNW! Really tired of the wind, rain and cold! Spring can’t come soon enough.
    Best of luck concerning your health issue! Post more pics when you return to skiing.
    Just for you here is your third lake Curlew panda courtesy of the Wednesday night crew enjoy!
    skialex
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,067 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Sweet look
    Shut up and ski
    jayski
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 695 Crazy Baller
    I agree that is surely a great looking Nautique!
    jayski
  • CnewbertCnewbert Posts: 287 Crazy Baller
    Our lake hit a season low this morning of 57°, with air temps in the low 50s but rising under sunny skies. A little breezier than we’d wish but the lee shore offered plenty decent water and our Fluid Neos kept us absolutely warm.
    jimski
  • pregompregom Posts: 311 Baller
    Should this thread be named "who is already skiing in January?" Trying to have a positive attitude here... :smile:
    ALPJrJody_Seal
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,164 Mega Baller

Looks like wed or Thursday for me..
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.