Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scientific reports on water skiing

JodåsåattJodåsåatt Posts: 1 New Baller
looking for scientific reports on water skiing and environmental impact. does anyone know?
Bruce_Butterfield

Comments

• aussiemcaussiemc Posts: 136 Baller
    @Jodåsåatt There is a document on the IWWF website "Environmental Handbook for Towed Watersports" hope that helps you.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,118 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Here is a link to information available to you through USAWSWS. I’ve used it and it is helpful. There is a Coast Guard study on shoreline erosion comparing waves to boat rollers.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 3,118 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I have also researched carbon monoxide levels for wake surfing and have found studies on line that are right on point. FYI, more carbon monoxide in a hockey area from the Zamboni than wake surfing.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • BCMBCM Posts: 270 Baller
    @Jodåsåatt - a quick search of scholar.google.com returned the following results (along with lots of injury reports). If using the search engine I would not include patents in the search. I didn't read either article and I don't have access to the second linked article. I would suggest getting a little more specific with your question and seeing what you can find on Google Scholar.

Overwintering Birds and Waterskiing

Waterskiing and Environment Lit Review