Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pro Tour

ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,558 Mega Baller
I was looking at the pro tour site and the only EU stop listed is San Gervasio. I thought there were 3 or 4 EU stops. Maybe travel restrictions got in the way?

Comments

• LuzzLuzz Posts: 580 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @ALPJr Sadly the only Pro Tour tournament that will happen in Europe this year is the San Gervasio Pro Am. With a variety of different entry requirements and timelines of ease of restrictions, the uncertainty loomed well into late spring. Some organizers felt that such uncertainty was too much to make the necessary commitments to push through with a pro event and, as a fellow organizer, I fully understand them. That said, I have been in touch with all of them throughout this and their unwavering willingness to host cash prize events when it will be possible was a further confirmation of what I have been saying for a while: this very specific aspect of growing water skiing (i.e., Professional Events) is on the rise. Covid is an external and uncontrollable circumstance, not something systemic about the state of professional skiing.

In terms of travel restrictions, a lot of countries in Europe have and have had exceptions to quarantine requirements dedicated to athletes/coaches/judges/staff/press partaking in sport competitions. As the situation improves, such exceptions are being extended to more categories and countries.
    Host of The Water Ski Podcast & Water Ski Bits
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    Co-organizer of the Jolly Clinics
    StefanchrislandyALPJr
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,558 Mega Baller
    Makes sense. Thanks @Luzz