BRIAN DETRICK: Makes Waterski History As 12th Person In The World To Run 41off/10.25m In Competition

HortonHorton Posts: 31,705 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

lundbergdthateNot_The_PugbojansskistromWishmylemskydnewton503KentonblasiskibugALPJrReallyGottaSkivtjclpskierbishop8950DaveDballsohardslowsantangelorobmollysilverlake

Comments

• APBAPB Posts: 418 Crazy Baller
    So rad.
    ALPJr
  • ClydesdaleClydesdale Posts: 302 Solid Baller
    And he made it look easy!
    Wish
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 1,063 Mega Baller
    That was great skiing. And its cool to see the sure-path numbers to show where the boat is actually tracking on a pass that short.
  • ghutchghutch Posts: 186 Solid Baller
    What an incredible accomplishment! Huge congrats to Brian. Amazing that only 12 skiers have made it down that line length in a tournament and is a true testament to how hard this sport is and what a commitment it takes to achieve such a remarkable feat. These athletes are unbelievable and only those involved in the sport know what it truly takes to do what they are capable of. Great job again Brian!!
    WishadamhcaldwellaupatkingLuzz
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,614 Mega Baller
    Great skiing, about as easy a 41 as I've seen run! Also, great driving by Greg (thanks for sharing the SurePath numbers)!
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,705 Administrator
    I think Brain is the second or third skier to ever run 41 with SurePath rules in effect. Theoretically previous boat paths were checked after the fact but unless they were way out I am not sure if the scores would have been always adjusted.

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

bishop8950
  • APBAPB Posts: 418 Crazy Baller
    I agree. The scores are probably the most legit 41/43 off passes of all time. The published numbers are great
  • buoyboy1buoyboy1 Posts: 157 Baller
    Went back and watched his full set. Looks like he is skiing at 34 and is on a longer line than really is and does not appear to be working very hard. Fantastic skiing!
    edited September 11
    @bishop8950 100% "straight as a grizzlies dick”.

F! Cancer

bishop8950dthate
  • XpropmanXpropman Posts: 28 Baller
    @Horton ,@badal, I think you need to post the sure path boat path showing the trail of bread crumbs.
    @Xpropman The bread crumbs are not "official data" and most likely not retained.

• XpropmanXpropman Posts: 28 Baller
    @Horton the bread crumbs show the real path. That’s what everybody looks at. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show the bread crumbs.
    @Xpropman to the breadcrumb trail is critical for the driver to self-evaluate but it is not part of the official data set and generally I don't believe it is preserved.

It is possible for the boat to move substantially left to right and then be in exactly the right place during the two measurement zones but at 41 off that would be inconceivably difficult and would not help the skier in any way.

• AndreAndre Posts: 1,723 Mega Baller
    Can someone post any ''bread crumbs'' for any other passes just to show us what they are?
    My ski finish in 16.95 ...but my ass is out of tolerance!
    yeah I can do it when I get home. I set up a rig so I could video it with my GoPro but I just haven't done it