Logging Ski Set Videos

MastercrafterMastercrafter Posts: 394 Crazy Baller
I have a goal of recording every set I can this year, in order to be able to look back, assess movements, pick something to work on next time, use for Givego, etc.

My thought is use Youtube to store all the video, make it private or unlisted, and use the description for any notes I want to remember.

Does anyone do similar, or have better ideas for video storage and organization?

Comments

• 503Kento503Kento Posts: 165 Baller
    I save all my video the a hard drive by date and then have special folders for specific sets I want to look at regularly. I also have a separate folder for GiveGo lessons. I log my sets with notes in swerve tracker (https://app.swervetracker.com/login).

I like the idea of saving comments with the video but I think you will run out of space pretty fast on free YouTube. I don’t know what the extra storage runs.

I also use a video tool called OnForm (https://www.getonform.com/) that is like the coaching side of GiveGo. I use it to coach my friends but your idea got me thinking about using it for self coaching and recording comments.
    Get high, get fast, and do some good work
  • swbcaswbca Posts: 747 Crazy Baller
    Store them on your computer hard drive the same as 503 Kento. Every pass is a separate video with Wakeye so you may have up to 20s video per day, 100 per week etc.

If you find a few videos that are worth sharing, then post them on YouTube

Local library versus YouTube
    1. Better quality video
    2. Faster navigation from one video to another
    3. A small fraction of the time to time to store and organize.
    Start buy storing them in folders labelled by date as you transfer them from your phone/camera.
    Then when you have time to review them, sort them into subfolders with a descriptive titles.
    For more detailed comments create a text file in each subfolder with your comments.
    Home of the world's first submersible slalom course
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,910 Mega Baller
    Google photos. Free for life with older Pixel phones. Auto upload via wifi with good time and date stamping.
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
    BobF
  • BobFBobF Posts: 246 Crazy Baller
    +1 for Google Photos. 15gb free for everyone, $100/year for 2tb. You can share the $$ plans with up to 5 other people.