Conversion table for slot vs. standard caliper

BuxrusBuxrus Posts: 87 Baller
edited July 25 in Skis Fins Bindings
Does someone have a chart to convert slot caliper numbers to standard caliper numbers?
I swear I did a search and zero topics came up.
Most specific to DFT numbers.
Thanks.

Comments

• ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,336 Mega Baller
    edited July 25
    I don't think there is such a thing as the conversion depends on your non-slot calipers. I just found a friend who had some Slot calipers. Measured fin with both and calculated the difference. Now if I want to convert standard Goode numbers I know the conversion for my calipers. DFT will be pretty close. Length is the biggest difference, mine are about +0.060" diff from Slots.
    Carl Addington, Cedar Ridge, MS
    BuxrusZman
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,830 Administrator
    There can be no general conversion. Because every ski and every different size of ski is a different radius trailing edge / every brand of caliper is potentially different. Just no.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

skialexThan_Bogangsm_peter
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,623 Mega Baller
    Just went through this with a friend's calipers. We could figure the conversion from his non-slot to his slot which was different than from my non-slot to my slot calipers. The really interesting thing was that his slot calipers and my slot calipers did not have identical length slots...

So, all you can do is measure the difference between "your" non-slots and "your" slotted calipers to figure the offset. That means, of course, that you can't just look at someone else's non-slot number and use "your" conversion number and you can't even use someone else's slot numbers with "your" slot calipers.

When I get a new ski, I just set the DFT to as close to the stock number as I can using their method (slot or regular caliper method) and then use that number to adjust from until I'm satisfied for my skiing.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
    Buxrus
  • BuxrusBuxrus Posts: 87 Baller
    Thank you roger for your insight. I appreciate your response.