Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Syndicate S2 Video

JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 497
edited April 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
The video on the front page advertising the S2 implies that Greg Badal, Karina Nowlan, Todd Ristorselli and others are all riding the S2 now. Can anyone confirm that they all changed to the S2 from the A2?
JC McCavit

Comments

• WishWish Posts: 7,857 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I think the LaPoints rode them in exabition at a pro tourney. I doubt the others ride them and the 36mph skiers did not like it at that speed.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 420 Crazy Baller
    After looking at HO's website and watching the videos for the A2 and the S2, I still don't really understand the differences between the two. I get that the A2 seems to be their 36mph ski and the S2 seems to be more of a 34mph ski, but they both seem to have the same shape (wide tail) but maybe a different concave. Can anyone give me some insight?
  • WishWish Posts: 7,857 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I believe that the S2, as told to me does not work well at 36 do to the higher ride and inceased speed from the steps. At 34 the ski keeps moving out infront of you at the finish of the turn. Low effort. I think at 36 it would get to loose. Obviously the A2 works well at both speeds. I think with the 34mph market getting such attention with the Big Dawg, HO is looking to capitalize on that. The steps are not a gimmick. They just plain work. The COx worked, the S2 works and JTH says the Prophacy works.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    I liked the A-1 and A-2 and I'm here to tell you the S-2 is no gimmick. You should ride it and see for yourself. I ride one @28 off and one of my ski pals is @39 off. It rips and is really effortless compared to the A-1 and A-2 I had.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,848 Administrator
    edited April 2012
    @fu_man
    The A2 and S2 are two totally different skis. I skied really good on the A2 last year. See my review http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/3332/a2-review/p1

@flya750 I rode the S2 a few times this weekend. I am no where near ready to start reviewing it but in short I think it is a good ski. If the steps in the tunnel make a difference or not I do not know but who cares. If you ski good on the ski then you ski good on it.

NOTE: a review will most likely not happen for months. I am going to be playing musical skis for the next month.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• jayskijayski Posts: 813 Mega Baller
    TR was on the A2 last weekend @ Hancock, [email protected] both rounds
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,589 Mega Baller
    What was Drew on?
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • jayskijayski Posts: 813 Mega Baller
    @thager Drew was on the Elite, [email protected]