Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to wear under O'neill Assault drysuit

Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,962 Mega Baller
edited April 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
I just picked up an O'neill Assault drysuit and am not sure what to wear under it. The other guys I ski with have neoprene suits and don't wear much for clothes under them or vests. I am thinking the hybrid suit doesn't have as much insulation or flotation so I think I might need a layer and a vest either under it or over it.

Thanks
Mark Shaffer

Comments

• ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 801 Crazy Baller
    i wear running shorts, a t-shirt and under armor sweat-shirt
    Anthony Warren
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,962 Mega Baller
    @ScarletArrow do you wear a vest with it?
    Mark Shaffer
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 497
    I wear my Eagle vest under mine. If the water is below 50 I wear a T-Shirt under the Eagle vest, below 40 I wear a long sleeve T-Shirt and a layer of Under Armor under the Eagle vest. The Vest is your only impact protection that fits comfortably inside the suit.
    JC McCavit
  • sixballsixball Posts: 256 Baller
    T-Shirt, Swim suit, and yes my vest. As JC said its impact protection. I will go to a long sleeve T if its cod.
    Thanks.
    Mark Shaffer
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 801 Crazy Baller
    @chef23 i wear an o'neill gooru pullover vest.
    Anthony Warren
  • skihartskihart Posts: 500 Solid Baller
    I wear a tee and a polar fleece long sleeve shirt. It can get pretty warm pretty fast though. It really depends what the day is like more than the water temp.
    It was over 70 today so I wore a tshirt. I had to wear my vest over it i didn't think it would fit under.
    Mark Shaffer
  • PBDPBD Posts: 190 Baller
    Most days light sweatshirt underneath with vest on top. If it is warm enough not to need the sweatshirt I'll usually opt go with a wetsuit.