Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slot Fin / Yes - No ?

Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,100 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited August 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
Is there any value in running the latest skis with the slot fin ?

If Only I Was Perfect

Comments

• eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,975 Infinite Pandas
    Try it and let us know!

My trusty old Horton fin will eventually go on every ski I spend a lot of time with.

Eric
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    I've liked it on every ski I've tried it on (RCX, Z7, Z7ST & Elite). I've been on the stock Elite fin all this year, but will be giving the speed-slot a try again this fall.

I'm surprised more people don't use it. I suspect not being able to share setup info readily with others is an issue, as is the ever-present "set-it-and-leave-it" condemnnation lurking on docks everywhere.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,789 Mega Baller
    If the pros aren't using it, it likely isn't worth the time. Those guys make their living at this and would use anything that really helped.
  • estromestrom Posts: 512 Baller
    What's a slot fin? Any pics of one? Thanks.
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    edited August 2012
    The Speed Slot Fin:

Excellent point, @Mr.Jones, and the main reason I spent this year on the stock fin. Still, I've liked it a lot in the past so will try it again during play time this fall. I can't help but wonder if it might have been better received if invented by someone else, like say Goode or LaPoint.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent